The purpose of the Hardscape Lead Volunteer is to maintain and upgrade existing outdoor structures and grounds for the continued growth and safe operation of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice. The garden provides a place for children, families, staff, volunteers and visitors to spend time together.
- Responsible for the hardscaping at Canuck Place which include brick patios, sidewalks, retaining walls, outdoor furniture and structures. Also artificial water features and irrigation systems
- Identifies future maintenance and repair requirements
- Works, rain or shine, to develop and maintain the garden to ensure an environment of beauty and serenity.
- Understands the garden is very demanding of both time and energy and is willing to give this service for the enjoyment of others
- Is a team player with strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of the challenges and sensitivity of working in a Health Care setting
- Long term commitment required to ensure consistent leadership, and on-going management of seasonal needs for the garden space.
- Saturday’s 10am – 3pm availability weekly, plus other dates as needed for Special Events.
- Special Accountabilites:
- Effective communication skills
- Open-minded and non-judgmental
- Empathic and compassionate
- Sense of humour
- Flexibility and tolerance of change
- Self-awareness, particularly in the area of personal limits and boundaries
- Able to maintain confidentiality
Day to Day: Facilities Manager and/or Facilities Coordinator
If you are interested in this volunteer position at Canuck Place Children's Hospice please download the Application Form - 4 pages and return it to Karen Carvajal as an email attachment to: KCarvajal@canuckplace.org or fax at: 604.739.4376 indicating the volunteer position you are interested in.