Canuck Place works closely with a variety of organizations that may provide assistance to families caring for children with progressive, life threatening illnesses.
Click on the links to the right for more information or to contact these organizations.
Note: these external links are provided as a reference only - Canuck Place is not responsible for the content presented.
Canuck Place is the first free-standing hospice for children in North America and its model of care has been used for many hospices including:
- Rotary Flames House in Calgary;
- Roger’s House in Ottawa;
- Darling Home for Kids near Toronto;
- Maison André-Gratton / 'The Lighthouse' in Montreal; and
- other hospices in the United States and abroad (for example St. Petersburg Children's Hospice).
- Link to the Health Authorities in British Columbia
- The national association for hospice palliative care in Canada
- The provincial association for palliative care providers
- A national network
- Skills training of family-centered care
- For parents & care providers
- An international group enhancing pediatric hospice & palliative care
- Global network based in the USA
- October 9-12 2011 conference in Montreal, PQ
- A collection of links to palliative care resources on the internet
- A resource for nurses & healthcare professionals
- For health-care professionals working in palliative care or related fields
- a global network of care providers
- Resources for parents & professionals by the University of Saskatchewan
- Information for health care professionals
- A Support Network for Parents
- A Special Interest Group on Pain in Childhood
- Books & Resources
- Resources for healthcare professionals, Parents & Caregivers
- General drug information