Super Credit for First-Time Donors
The end of the year is approaching quickly!
Make a gift to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice before December 31st to receive a 2013 tax receipt. If you’re a first-time donor, the Federal Government has a gift for you!
Usually, the standard tax credit is 15% for the first $200 you donate. For amounts greater than $200, the standard rate is 29%.
The Federal Government is offering a “Super Credit” to all first-time donors. The Super Credit adds an additional 25% tax credit for donations up to $1,000!
That means for a first-time donor, you could be eligible for:
- 40% federal tax credit - donation of $200 or less
- 54% federal tax credit - donation of $201 to $1,000
What else should I know about the First-time Donor Super Credit?
- The Super Credit is only available until 2017, so make your gift now!
- The total limit is $1,000. You can divide it between spouses and common-law partners.
- Non-cash donations do not qualify.
- Only donations in the same year of claim qualify.
To learn more about the Super Credit, please visit http://ow.ly/rPfvu.
- Poppy info
- View the latest construction photos