Bringing comfort, care and joy to the children of Canuck Place
Manito Luxury Silk Bedding, a family-run business that imports high-quality silk products to Vancouver, has presented Canuck Place Children’s Hospice with 15 pure silk baby blankets.
"The family I represent have a long history of giving back to their community in China,” says Manito business manager John Kenmuir. “Here in Vancouver, we couldn't think of a more worthy cause than Canuck Place, nor a better use for these blankets."
Manito silk blankets are hypoallergenic, soft, lightweight, breathable and warm. They are made of 100 percent mulberry silk with an elegantly stitched border also of pure silk. Available in baby blue, rose and seafoam, the baby blankets are three feet wide by four feet long.
“Canuck Place is grateful to Manito Luxury Silk Bedding for its donation of silk blankets to the hospice,” says Filomena Nalewajek, CEO of Canuck Place. “Not only are the blankets beautifully coloured, but they are also durable, having passed the hospice’s rigorous washing tests, and will provide comfort and care to the many families that walk through our doors for years to come. We appreciate Manito’s generosity to the children of B.C.—thank you!”
For more information on Manito Silk and Linens, please visit www.manitosilk.com.
- Poppy info
- View the latest construction photos
- The Canucks playoff run inspire Vancouver Island quilters to make quilts for Canuck Place kids - one for every win!
- The Seahawks brought footballs and smiles during a short visit on July 14, 2011.
- 200 km ride from South Surrey to Hope makes a stop in Langley to visit with Canuck Place teen Stephen Berdesco
- Blanket donation provides comfort and care to Canuck Place kids
- Support of a pilot project for Nurse Practitioner home visits
- SCA Donates Ongoing Supply of Tork® Paper Products
- Gift enables purchase of medical bed