Saturday, August 29th saw over 200 children and family members attend the annual Canuck Place Family Barbeque.
Held on the grounds of the Hospice, this year’s theme was ‘Carnivale’ – a celebration of food, music and activities. Various ‘passport’ locations were set up to encourage participants to try their hand at various activities such as making hats and masks.
Along with the excellent food, highlights were the Taffy Table, Tie-Dye Shirts, Duck Pond, and the live musical band playing Salsa & Meringue. View Photos
Now in its 12th year, the Family BBQ provides families the opportunity to connect, or re-connect, with each other and with the Hospice.
Thank you to the generous sponsors and volunteers who made the day possible – especially the Westin Bayshore Vancouver, Starbucks Coffee (Kerrisdale), Canadian Maple Delights, TAC Mobility, Southside Foods, Superior Produce, Seven Seas Seafood, and HY Louie.
- Poppy info
- View the latest construction photos
- Ongoing support of Canuck Place
- Country-themed singing competition benefits Canuck Place
- Novel approach brings teens and families together
- BMO gives over $ 7 million to charities across Canada
- Canuck Place Celebrates National Volunteer Week 2010