Canuck Place Children’s Hospice recognizes its obligation to respect and protect the privacy of our donors and website visitors.
All personal information provided online is secure, and we have developed procedures to prevent unauthorized access and to ensure proper use of information.
Canuck Place complies with federal and provincial privacy legislation and adheres to ethical guidelines established by professional fundraising associations. The key elements of our policy are as follows:
We do not lend, exchange, rent or sell our donor lists to other organizations.
- The personal information you provide when making an online donation or registering for an event will be protected and will not be disclosed to any third parties.
- Canuck Place may gather data concerning traffic on the website for statistical analysis. This data is not linked to your personal information, and is used strictly to improve content on the site.
- When you make a donation online, a secure connection is established, and your information is encrypted to present interception during the transaction. The secure connection is maintained until the transaction is completed or terminated.
- Employees of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with processing donations are required to keep the information confidential. They are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for the Hospice.
- If you provide us with your postal and/or email address, you may receive periodic mailings regarding Canuck Place programs and services. If you prefer not to receive these mailings, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.
- If you have supplied your telephone number online, you may receive telephone contact from us responding to any requests you may have made.
- Our website may contain links to websites of other organizations that maintain their own privacy and security policies. This policy articulates the privacy practices of the Canuck Place Children’s Hospice site only.