Door to Door Fundraising
Due to COVID-19, Canuck Place paused our Door to Door Fundraising Program in March 2020, in order to ensure the health and safety of the communities in which we fundraise and of our fundraising team. As we move into Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan, Canuck Place and our partner F2F Direct Consulting Ltd. have worked together on an adapted strategy for our Door to Door Fundraising Program to safely resume face-to-face fundraising across BC.
As of Monday, July 6th, our fundraisers will be re-entering communities across the Lower Mainland to continue their valuable work in our donor communities. In line with our provincial government’s COVID-19 guidelines, our fundraisers will be following a strict on-the-job protocol:
• Daily health check-ins with the Campaign Manager
• All fundraisers will be required to wear a PPE (facemask) at all times, when actively campaigning;
• All fundraisers will be carrying hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes (for their iPads); and
• Fundraisers will maintain at least 6 feet of distance between themselves and the prospective donor.
Our trusted partner, F2F Direct Consulting Ltd., is a committed group of fundraising representatives who will be knocking on doors and canvassing public areas in selected BC communities. Canvassers will introduce Canuck Place’s provincial pediatric palliative care program, its incredible impact, and the growing need for your support to help families and children living with life-threatening illnesses.
The communities in which our teams are currently active include:
- Point Grey
Meet our Fundraisers
Metro Vancouver Team
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know a fundraiser is legitimate?
Educating our donors on identifying our fundraisers as legitimate is very important to us. When a fundraiser knocks on your door or approaches you in a public area, please check to ensure they have identification badges and branded attire, which includes a white jacket and green shirt. Also, our fundraisers will have an iPad featuring photos and videos from Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.
Were you in my neighbourhood?
Recently our fundraisers have been in the following areas:
- Kingsgate Mall, Vancouver
- Lonsdale Quay Market, North Vancouver
- Park Royal, West Vancouver
- Oakridge Mall, Vancouver
- Pacific Centre, Vancouver
- West Point Grey, Vancouver
- Commercial St, Vancouver
- Renfrew, East Vancouver
- Ambleside, West Vancouver
- City Square Shopping Centre, Vancouver
- Sinclair Centre, Vancouver
- Library Square, Vancouver
- Metro Town, Burnaby
- IKEA, Coquitlam
- Safeway Willowbrooke Mall, Langley
- Fleetwood Rona, Surrey
- Save On Foods, Maple Ridge
- McGulham Park, Langley
- Independent Groceries, Walnut Grove
- Fresh St. Market – Panorama, Surrey
- Rona, Surrey
- Mc Coughlan Park
- North Cloverdale
- Morgan Heights, Surrey
- Green Timbers, Surrey
- Coquitlam Centre, Coquitlam
- Mayfair Mall, Victoria
- Super Store, Victoria
- Thrifty’s, Fairfield
- Home Sense, Tillicum
- Uplands Park, Victoria
Do you accept cash gifts?
We do not accept cash or coin gifts at the door or on the street. This helps protect both the donor and fundraiser.
You can make a monthly or one-time gift to our fundraisers via credit card or automated direct debit payments OR you can make a donation online any time at canuckplace.org/donate
From time to time, we also will ask monthly donors if they are interested in increasing their gifts.
What are your fundraising hours?
Our fundraisers will be actively visiting homes between midday and 8:30 PM.
Need more information. Contact Regan by email here.