Other Ways to Give
In addition to donating, there are numerous other ways you can make a difference in a child’s life.
Fundraise with Team Canuck Place
When you support Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, you become a member of our Team – Team Canuck Place!
You can help build courage at Canuck Place by selecting the type of fundraising that’s right for you:
- Are you celebrating a birthday, wedding or anniversary? Fundraise In Celebration
- Are you collecting donations in honour or in memory of a loved one?Fundraise In Honour
- Are you running a race, climbing a mountain or challenging yourself to complete a personal challenge? Fundraise and Choose Your Own Challenge
- Organizing an event for a larger audience? Fundraise and Organize an Event
Follow the step by step registration to create your own fundraising page then check out our Community Fundraising Guide for tips and resources to help you be successful.
Clothing Bank Program
Through the Trans-Continental Textiles Ltd. Clothing Bank Program, you can clean out your closet and help raise funds for Canuck Place Children’s Hospice at the same time.
Trans-Continental Textiles Ltd. accepts donations of all outerwear, rain jackets, linens and table cloths, towels, pillows, quilts, leather clothing, belts, shoes, runners, skates and rubbers.
You can drop off your donations to Canuck Place bins at the following locations:
- Abbotsford Recreation Centre – 2499 McMillan Rd
- Parking of 7-11 @ Old Clayburn – 3033 Immel St
- Seven Oaks Mall – 32900 S Fraser Way #312
- The Real Canadian Superstore – 2855 Gladwin Road
- Burnside Lot – 3612 Burnside Drive @ Old Clayburn
- SAFEWAY – 27566 Fraser Hwy
- RONA – 7260 Edmonds
- SAFEWAY – 5235 Kingsway Ave
- MTF PRICE MATTERS – 5725 Vedder Rd
- SAVE ON FOODS – 6014 Vedder Rd
- 977 Lougheed Hwy @ Wooldridge St. (Near Boston Pizza)
- The Real Canadian Superstore – 8195 120th Street
- The Real Canadian Superstore – 19843 Willowbrook Drive
- (Behind) Wendy’s – 32555 London Ave
- CANADIAN TIRE – 1350 Main Street
- M & M Meatshop – 7020 Francis Road
- AMRIT PRAKISH TEMPLE – 80th & 123A Street
- Extra Foods – 18699 Fraser Hwy & 188th Street
- JERICHO MALL – 2083 Alma and W. 4th
- SAFEWAY – 990 W King Edward Avenue & Oak Street
- SAFEWAY – 2315 West 4th @ Vine
- THUNDERBIRD PARKING LOT – 5776 Marine Drive
To contact Trans-Continental regarding any questions, concerns or lost items please call 604-592-3008
Donate a Car Canada
Donate your used car through Donate a Car Canada and you can recycle your car and support Canuck Place at the same time.
- Submit your vehicle information here.
- Donate a Car Canada will arrange to have your vehicle picked up at no cost to you.
- Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to sell or recycle your used cars.
- Donate a Car Canada will send a cheque to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, and a tax deductible receipt will be issued to you by Canuck Place.
Donate Aeroplan Miles
Through Aeroplan’s Member Donation Program, donate your Aeroplan miles to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.
Gifts in Kind
Canuck Place is grateful for in kind contributions from the community which offset our operating costs and add value to the care and experiences we offer our families.
If you have an item, product or service that you would like to offer Canuck Place please email [email protected]
At Canuck Place our primary concern is the comfort and well-being of our children and families and appreciate your compliance with the following guidelines:
- Due to our protocols for infection control, all gifts must be new. Stuffed toys are not accepted.
- Gifts must not be wrapped. Canuck Place carefully matches each gift with the appropriate child and therefore must be able to view each present.
- For more ways to support Canuck Place please visit canuckplace.org
Volunteer with Canuck Place
Our volunteer team are the backbone of our organization. Without this dedicated group of over 350 individuals, we wouldn’t be able to provide the high level of care we are most proud of.
Learn more about volunteering with Canuck Place.
Shop for a Cause
Canuck Place is proud to partner with local companies who give back partial proceeds of select products. From restaurants to home care, from childrens’ books to jewelry, we are grateful for companies who give back with their products and services. Check out our current offerings!
Dragons and Hot Sauce and Other Imaginations
This book is an illustrated anthology of poems and stories for children. The poems include an emu that wants to fly, a musical alien chicken, a dragon with a penchant for spicy foods, a giant that just wants a hug, Bigfoot, an alternate world where everything is backwards, and a rubber ducky that’s afraid of water. Although the poems are targeted for the 5-10 year old range, the dynamic comic book-like drawings will certainly keep younger (and older) eyes entertained.
$2.00 from every copy sold will be given to the important work happening at Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.
Woodworks The Hardwood Floor Company Ltd.
Mama friendly wares with a story.
Functional jewellery that serves a purpose in more ways than one.
Canuck Place is recognized internationally as leaders in the field of pediatric palliative care.
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) relies on the generous support of individual donors, partners and the Province of BC, to offer programs and services at no cost to children and families across the province.
5% from the purchase of every necklace in this collection is donated to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice in honour of our Florence.
Hospital Survival Kits from Charlie's Hospitables
Hospital visits are tough for everyone, so one of our Canuck Place Moms came up with something to make those tough times just a little bit easier! If you are looking at a hospital stay, or want to help out someone in the hospital without resorting to flowers, check out her Hospital Survival Kits at http://charlieshospitables.blogspot.ca/, and 1.5% of proceeds will benefit Canuck Place!
Fine, Locally-Sourced Meats from Two Rivers
From now until March 31st, 2017, Two Rivers Meats is fundraising for Canuck Place! Order your local, hormone-free meats from the Canuck Place fundraising page, and 15% of the proceeds will benefit Canuck Place children and families!
The Ordinary Girl
Canuck Place mom Chelsey Whittle has written a heartwarming children’s book called The Ordinary Girl to honour her daughter Lilee-Jean (LJ) who passed away on the Canuck Place program. The story is about a girl who wakes up in a castle, and must find her way through a magical forest to save what’s truly important.
You can find the book here, and partial proceeds will benefit Canuck Place, where Lilee-Jean received end-of-life care.