Other Ways to Give
In addition to donating, there are numerous other ways you can make a difference in a child’s life.
Fundraise with Team Canuck Place
When you support Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, you become a member of our Team – Team Canuck Place!
You can help build courage at Canuck Place by selecting the type of fundraising that’s right for you:
- Are you celebrating a birthday, wedding or anniversary? Fundraise In Celebration
- Are you collecting donations in honour or in memory of a loved one? Fundraise In Honour
- Are you running a race, climbing a mountain or challenging yourself to complete a personal challenge? Fundraise and Choose Your Own Challenge
- Organizing an event for a larger audience? Fundraise and Organize an Event
Follow the step by step registration to create your own fundraising page then check out our Community Fundraising Guide for tips and resources to help you be successful.
Clothing Bank Program
Through the Trans-Continental Textiles Ltd. Clothing Bank Program, you can clean out your closet and help raise funds for Canuck Place Children’s Hospice at the same time.
Trans-Continental Textiles Ltd. accepts donations of all outerwear, rain jackets, linens and table cloths, towels, pillows, quilts, leather clothing, belts, shoes, runners, skates and rubbers.
You can drop off your donations to Canuck Place bins at the following locations:
- RONA – 7260 Edmonds
- MTF PRICE MATTERS – 5725 Vedder Rd
- SAVE ON FOODS – 6014 Vedder Rd
- 977 Lougheed Hwy @ Wooldridge St. (Near Boston Pizza)
- 884 Glenayre Dr @ Clarke Rd
- THE REAL CANADIAN SUPERSTORE – 8195 120th Street
- (Behind) Wendy’s – 32555 London Ave
- CANADIAN TIRE – 1350 Main Street
- M & M Meatshop – 7020 Francis Road
- Amrit Prakish Temple – 80th & 123A Street
- Extra Foods – 18699 Fraser Hwy & 188th Street
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 17790 56th Ave, Cloverdale
- JERICHO MALL – 2083 Alma and W. 4th
- CAPTAIN COOK PARK – 3350 E 54th Ave
- THUNDERBIRD PARKING LOT – 5776 Marine Drive
To contact Trans-Continental regarding any questions, concerns or lost items please call 604-592-3008
Donate a Car Canada
Donate your used car through Donate a Car Canada and you can recycle your car and support Canuck Place at the same time.
- Submit your vehicle information here.
- Donate a Car Canada will arrange to have your vehicle picked up at no cost to you.
- Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to sell or recycle your used cars.
- Donate a Car Canada will send a cheque to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, and a tax deductible receipt will be issued to you by Canuck Place.
Donate Aeroplan Miles
Through Aeroplan’s Member Donation Program, donate your Aeroplan miles to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.
Gifts This Holiday Season
Supporting Canuck Place this Holiday Season
Thank you for your interest in making the holidays a memorable time at Canuck Place Children’s Hospice. Through generous donations from our community, Canuck Place is able to help create lasting memories for the children and families on our program.
Thanks to our generous supporters, hundreds of gifts are delivered to children and siblings at the Winter Family Festival in early December. In order to ensure that each child receives a gift, Canuck Place is only able to accept general toy donations until November 27, 2017.
If we cannot distribute a donation to a Canuck Place family or find use for it at the house we will pay the donation forward to another local charity that is need of those items.
Questions? Please contact Nicole Bonneau at 604-730-3300 or [email protected]
Canuck Place Wish List 2017
Arts and crafts Supplies
- Play-doh (dough and Fun Factories)
- Bracelet and beading supplies (For our Bereavement Program – please see Laura for a itemized list)
- Anything Crayola
- Boy specific Arts and Crafts kits – car building etc
- Tempura Paints – all colours
- Window Art Sticks – “Pebeo Artistick” Brand – available at des Serres
- Wikki Stix / Wikki Stix sets
- Mr.Potato Head extra parts / sets
- Crayola Twistables Slick Stix
- Jumbo triangular chalks and crayons
- Kinetic sand
- Regular sand
- Sand tray shelving
- Arts and crafts Kits for teens and young children (Des Serres & Michaels have lots)
- Cowboys and Angels
- Toys R Us
- Kaboodles Toy Store
- Silver City (Cineplex both adults and child passes)
- Science World – Yearly Membership – Not-for-Profit
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Maplewood Farm
- Restaurants around Vancouver (for mom and dad night out)
- Menchies and various ice cream locations (ie. Marios’s, Rain or Shine, etc)
- Best Buy
- Disney Store
- Lego store
- Museum of Anthropology
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- iTunes cards
- Safeway / London drugs / Shoppers drug mart (to buy baby supplies, like diapers etc.)
- BC Ferries gift cards (for families that needed transport to and from the island)
- Castle Fun Park
- Party City
- Four Cats
Walt Disney DVDs / Teen DVDs
- Anything Walt Disney but especially the classics
- Anything with lots of songs, dancing and singing
- Anything for teens
- Music CDs: Moana, Trolls, Frozen (or gift cards for a CD store)
From Lee Valley Tools
- Blocks and Marbles Super Set
- Catapult Kit
- Balsa Glider Kit
- Magnetic cannon
- Hypotrochaid Art Set
- Rainbow Tactile Ball (2)
- Sensory Shapes
- Shake and Roll
- Soft Bumps Ball- 6 inch (2)
- Knobby Balls-Set of 5
From Babies R’Us
- Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller (Light weight Stroller- up to 50lbs)
- Evenflo- Exersaucer Moovin and Groovin
- Fisher-Price Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper
- Infant Play Mat (Baby Einstein – Rhythm of the Reef Play Gym)
- ECR4Kids 4 ‘x 4’ Tumbling Mat – Multi Colour
- Apple TVs (5)
- Sony 43″ 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV (XBR43X800D)
- Fuji Instax Mini8 Camera
- SLR camera
- iPad stands (2)
- Microsoft Word and Power Point program for the Mac
- Netflix membership
- Games (anything rated “E” for Everyone)
- Games (anything rated “E” for Everyone)
- PlayStation VR (Virtual Reality)
- Games (anything rated “E” for Everyone)
- Ravensburg floor puzzles
- 12-15″ doll accessories
- Lego Kits – not bricks, actual kits – 500 pieces or less
- Lego Sets (8- City, Creator, Friends, Star Wars, Disney Princess, Bionicle, Ninjago etc.)
- House play items
- Play mobile figures and vehicles
- Little step ladder or sturdy stool for kids to reach higher up figurines
- Thin mat or easy-to-fold up rug that can be used for floor play
- Feelings poster/ counseling resources
- Dolls and doll things
- Switches for the music therapy
- Evacuation Lift (Model #1000 through Sunnyfield Supplies Inc)
- Pebeo Arti Stick
- Mani Pedi Supplies
- Saje aromaCloud ultrasonic nebulizer
- Aromatherapy Kit oils
- Homedics Ribbit Massager – Assorted (London Drugs)
- Dr. Scholls’s Pedicure Foot Spa
- Large whiteboard
Volunteer with Canuck Place
Our volunteer team are the backbone of our organization. Without this dedicated group of over 350 individuals, we wouldn’t be able to provide the high level of care we are most proud of.
Learn more about volunteering with Canuck Place.
If you want to volunteer to help Canuck Place but can’t quite commit to a a shift in the Hospice, consider helping us raise needed funds for clinical care at various events throughout the year. Sign up here to learn more!
Shop for a Cause
Canuck Place is proud to partner with local companies who give back partial proceeds of select products. From restaurants to home care, from childrens’ books to jewelry, we are grateful for companies who give back with their products and services. Check out our current offerings!
Dragons and Hot Sauce and Other Imaginations
This book is an illustrated anthology of poems and stories for children. The poems include an emu that wants to fly, a musical alien chicken, a dragon with a penchant for spicy foods, a giant that just wants a hug, Bigfoot, an alternate world where everything is backwards, and a rubber ducky that’s afraid of water. Although the poems are targeted for the 5-10 year old range, the dynamic comic book-like drawings will certainly keep younger (and older) eyes entertained.
$2.00 from every copy sold will be given to the important work happening at Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.
Woodworks The Hardwood Floor Company Ltd.
Mama friendly wares with a story.
Functional jewellery that serves a purpose in more ways than one.
Canuck Place is recognized internationally as leaders in the field of pediatric palliative care.
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) relies on the generous support of individual donors, partners and the Province of BC, to offer programs and services at no cost to children and families across the province.
5% from the purchase of every necklace in this collection is donated to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice in honour of our Florence.
Hospital Survival Kits from Charlie's Hospitables
Hospital visits are tough for everyone, so one of our Canuck Place Moms came up with something to make those tough times just a little bit easier! If you are looking at a hospital stay, or want to help out someone in the hospital without resorting to flowers, check out her Hospital Survival Kits at http://charlieshospitables.blogspot.ca/, and 5% of proceeds will benefit Canuck Place!
The Ordinary Girl
Canuck Place mom Chelsey Whittle has written a heartwarming children’s book called The Ordinary Girl to honour her daughter Lilee-Jean (LJ) who passed away on the Canuck Place program. The story is about a girl who wakes up in a castle, and must find her way through a magical forest to save what’s truly important.
You can find the book here, and partial proceeds will benefit Canuck Place, where Lilee-Jean received end-of-life care.
Fingerprint Jewelry from Smallprint
Smallprint creates memories in the form of jewelry. Wear your fingerprint, or the print of a loved one to know that their love follows you wherever you go. Proceeds from each fingerprint piece will benefit Canuck Place, helping our team make wonderful memories for over 715 families.