Other Ways to Give
Donating is a great way to support the care at Canuck Place, but if it’s not possible, not to worry! There are numerous other ways you can make a difference in a child’s life.
Supporting Canuck Place this Holiday Season
Thank you for your interest in making the holidays a memorable time at Canuck Place Children’s Hospice. Through generous donations from our community, Canuck Place is able to help create lasting memories for the children and families on our program.
Thanks to our generous supporters, hundreds of gifts are delivered to children and siblings at the Winter Family Festival in early December. In order to ensure that each child receives a gift, Canuck Place is only able to accept general toy donations until November 27, 2018.
After this date we gratefully accept specific donations from our annual Wish List (Canuck Place Holiday Wish List 2018). These donations will continue to spread cheer to our families during the holidays and throughout the year when needed most.
We are so lucky to receive many donations around the holiday season from various supporters. If we cannot distribute a donation to a Canuck Place family or find use for it at the house we will pay the donation forward to another local charity that is need of those items.
Questions? Please contact Nicole Bonneau at 604-730-3300 or [email protected]
Fundraise with Team Canuck Place
When you support Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, you become a member of our Team – Team Canuck Place!
You can help build courage at Canuck Place by selecting the type of fundraising that’s right for you:
- Do you have something you love to do or have a great idea and want to turn it into a fundraiser? Fundraise your way!
- Are you celebrating a birthday, wedding or anniversary? Fundraise in Celebration
- Are you collecting donations in honour or in memory of a loved one? Fundraise in Honour
- Do you want to get your workplace involved? Our Corporate Giving page has some great resources on cause marketing, employee giving and sponsorship opportunities.
- Does your school or classroom want to get involved? Fundraise with your School
Follow the step by step registration to create your own fundraising page then check out our Community Fundraising Guide for tips and resources to help you be successful.
Clothing Bank Program
Through the Trans-Continental Textiles Ltd. Clothing Bank Program, you can clean out your closet and help raise funds for Canuck Place Children’s Hospice at the same time.
Trans-Continental Textiles Ltd. accepts donations of all outerwear, rain jackets, linens and table cloths, towels, pillows, quilts, leather clothing, belts, shoes, runners, skates and rubbers.
You can drop off your donations to Canuck Place bins at the following locations:
- RONA – 7260 Edmonds
- CANADIAN TIRE – 1350 Main Street
- Columbus Farm Market- 3012 Edgemont Blvd
- MTF PRICE MATTERS – 5725 Vedder Rd
- M & M Meatshop – 7020 Francis Road
- (Behind) Wendy’s – 32555 London Ave
- Real Canadian Superstore- 19843 Willowbrook Dr.
To contact Trans-Continental regarding any questions, concerns or lost items please call 604-592-3008
Donate a Car Canada
Donate your used car through Donate a Car Canada and you can recycle your car and support Canuck Place at the same time.
- Submit your vehicle information here.
- Donate a Car Canada will arrange to have your vehicle picked up at no cost to you.
- Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to sell or recycle your used cars.
- Donate a Car Canada will send a cheque to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, and a tax-deductible receipt will be issued to you by Canuck Place.
Donate Aeroplan Miles
Through Aeroplan’s Member Donation Program, donate your Aeroplan miles to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.
Volunteer with Canuck Place
Our volunteer team are the backbone of our organization. Without this dedicated group of over 350 individuals, we wouldn’t be able to provide the high level of care we are most proud of.
Learn more about volunteering with Canuck Place.
If you want to volunteer to help Canuck Place but can’t quite commit to a a shift in the Hospice, consider helping us raise needed funds for clinical care at various events throughout the year. Sign up here to learn more!
Shop for a Cause!
Thanks to generous cause marketing partners, we have several items, experiences, and services that dedicate partial proceeds to Canuck Place care. Check out our current offerings here!