Lahoo Youth Leadership Program
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice is excited to be working with the Lahoo Youth Leadership Program to inspire and mentor the future leaders of tomorrow.
The Lahoo Youth Leadership Program provides youth aged 12-18 the opportunity to get involved in volunteer programs and support local organizations like Canuck Place.
The Goals of the Youth Leadership Program are to:
- Develop skills to become future community leaders, while building real world skills and pushing forward the boundaries of charity
- Achieve personal growth through workshops, volunteering, fundraising, and building communications skills.
- Inspire youth to care for the less-fortunate and take action to spark change within their own neighbourhoods and the community
- Learn public speaking skills, fundraising tools, and all about teamwork skills.
- Encourage youth to reach out and share impactful stories.
Youth Ambassador Society members must be youth aged 12-18 and:
- Are asked to attend minimum of two volunteer opportunities and one sport activity.
- Are encouraged to fundraise a minimum of $500 throughout the duration of the program in support of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.
- Receive a Letter of Achievement
- Receive tracked volunteer hours
- Tax receipts for donations in support of fundraising efforts
- Attend the Award and Recognition reception
If you are looking to get involved, click here to learn more!
Follow us on Social Media!