Canuck Place Children’s Hospice Hockey Ticket Contest 2023
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
WHO CAN ENTER
1) This Contest is open to all legal Canadian (void in Quebec and where prohibited by law) residents who are 19 or older on November 14, 2023 at 12:00 AM PST (Pacific Standard Time). Employees of, members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, are not eligible to participate. Employees of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice are limited to those employees who are providing services in any way to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice. Immediate family is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse/partner.
2) The Contest starts on November 14, 2023 at 12:00 AM PST and closes on December 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST.
HOW TO ENTER
3) All entrants who are invited by Canuck Place Children’s Hospice to participate in this Contest and who have donated to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice through this invitation will be entitled to one (1) entry.
NO DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER
A donation to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice is not necessary to enter and will not increase your chances of winning.
To enter without donating to Canuck Place Children’s Hospice please:
- Email your full name, mailing address, phone number including area code and date of birth to [email protected] with the Subject Line “Hockey Ticket Contest”
- Write your full name, mailing address, phone number including area code and date of birth on a 3×5 index card and mail it to: Tia Parker; Development Department – Hockey Ticket Contest, Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, 1690 Matthews Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6J 2T2
- Fill out a contest entry including your full name, mailing address, phone number including area code and date of birth, and submit to an authorized Canuck Place representative at a live event
Entries are to be post marked or received on or before the contest closing date (December 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST). Only one entry per person, regardless of entry method. All mailed entries must have a return address.
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, stolen, misdirected, misidentified, postage due or incomplete entries, for any problems or technical or mechanical malfunction of any telephone systems, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by Canuck Place Children’s Hospice on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Contest, human processing or otherwise, or any combination thereof. Entries become the property of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice and will not be returned.
4) One (1) entry from Canada (void in Quebec and where prohibited by law) will be selected in a random draw from among all eligible entries received. Draw will be conducted on January 5, 2024.
In Canada, in order to be declared a winner, selected entrant must first correctly answer an un-aided time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by e-mail, and have his/her entry verified by Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice reserves the right to require proof of age and jurisdiction of residence prior to awarding any prize. If a minor is selected, the parent or legal guardian of the selected entrant must sign an affidavit, in order for their child to be declared the winner. The prize will be issued in the parent or legal guardian’s name.
5) There is one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of two (2) tickets to a Vancouver Canucks hockey game in the Vancouver Canucks Alumni Box. The selection of the game for the prize will be based on a mutually agreeable date between Canuck Place Children’s Hospice and the winner(s). The presence of Vancouver Canucks Alumni in the Alumni Box during the game is not guaranteed.
The approximate value of the prize is $500 (CAD). The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries. The prize does not include any transportation, lodging other associated expenses that the winner(s) may incur in order to attend the game.
6) Selected entrant(s) will be notified via e-mail/phone within 48 hours of the draw. Selected entrant(s) will be required to acknowledge by phone or in writing, receipt of notification of eligibility for prize. If no response is obtained within 10 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner(s) in a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. In order to be declared a winner(s), you must have correctly answered a skill-testing question and complete a Prize Claim Form.
7) Canuck Place Children’s Hospice is not responsible for any costs associated with claiming any prize. The winner(s) is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any and all taxes, if any, that may result in claiming a prize in this Contest.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Canuck Place Children’s Hospice shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind that result from acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize.
Decisions of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment in respect to this Contest. Canuck Place Children’s Hospice reserves the right at any time to suspend, cancel, modify or withdraw this Contest or to modify, amend, or supplement these rules, in its sole discretion. This Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws.
By accepting a prize, winner(s) release Contest Sponsor, Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, and their affiliated and related organizations, the prize suppliers, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, including, without limitation, their advertising and promotional agencies and the independent contest organizations (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize and acknowledge that the Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
By participating in this Contest, the winner(s) consent to the use by Canuck Place Children’s Hospice their name, address, age, and photograph for any lawful purpose, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. The winner(s) agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understands that the decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final in all respects.