Family rights and responsibilities
Families have rights and responsibilities at Canuck Place. As a child and family on the Canuck Place program, we aim to respect, honor your rights as a person and family, and acknowledge the responsibilities of those providing services and receiving them.
- A right is a choice to decide on your own opinion, thoughts, feelings, expression and entitlement to things as a person with the freedom to do so.
- A responsibility are duties or something an individual should do to respect others and follow laws and rules.
Children, youth and families at Canuck Place have:
- the Right to information.
- the Right to choose.
- the Right to privacy.
- the Right to be included.
- the Right to make decisions.
- the Right to be safe.
- the Right to be heard.
- the Right to be themselves
- the right to get their needs met: Physically, Spiritually, Emotionally, Educationally, Developmentally and Socially.
We welcome any questions you may have. Please connect with any member of the care team.